SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Roku, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU) today announced two new products to its line of devices, the Roku Express Player and the Roku Wireless Bass, continuing Roku’s commitment to providing a streaming experience top notch at affordable prices.
Now with dual-band Wi-Fi®the Roku Express is more powerful than before and ready to stream, with a simple remote control, increased storage, HDMI® Cable and an extensive library of free, over-the-air and premium TV selections.
The new Roku Wireless Bass design delivers powerful sound for a cinema-like experience. Subwoofer adds deep bass to a Roku® Flow bar®, Roku Wireless Speakers or Roku TV™ Wireless Soundbar at an amazing price. Available standalone or paired with the Roku Streaming Bar, the Roku Wireless Bass is the easiest way to enhance the home theater and entertainment experience.
“At Roku, every enhancement and addition to our product line is carefully designed and tested to deliver value to our customers,” said Chris Larson, Vice President of Retail Strategy at Roku. “Today’s launch offers even more choices for all budgets, allowing customers to get the home entertainment experience they deserve without breaking the bank.”
The most affordable way to start streaming or upgrade additional TVs, the Roku Express is now more powerful than ever with the addition of dual-band Wi-Fi performance and extra storage for boot times. faster chains.
Roku Express features include:
- Fast and powerful: Roku Express delivers a fast, seamless HD streaming experience that’s perfect for new users and powerful enough for seasoned pros. With the addition of dual-band Wi-Fi, Roku Express ensures uninterrupted performance while users stream their favorite content.
- The easy way to stream: With quick guided setup and an intuitive home screen, Roku Express makes it easy to watch the entertainment you love on any TV. Just plug it in and connect to the internet to start streaming.
- Watch what you love, for less: With a huge selection of free, live and premium TV, including Emmy®-nominated Roku Originals and over 300 free live TV channels on The Roku Channel, there’s plenty to stream without spending more.
- Simplified remote control: The included remote has only the buttons you need to stream, including shortcuts to popular channels.
- Always up to date: Get the latest features, newest channels and more without even thinking about it, thanks to automatic software updates.
Roku Wireless Bass
Roku designed the Roku Wireless Bass to be an easy and affordable upgrade for Roku audio users looking to step up their home entertainment. Like all Roku audio products, wireless bass setup is simple and intuitive; customers can simply turn it on and pair it to a Roku Streaming Bar, Roku Wireless Speakers, or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar to get started. With convenient wireless pairing and a slim, compact design, users can place the wireless bass wherever they want without having to run cables around the room. Roku Wireless Bass is available as a standalone or in a new bundle with the Roku Streambar – providing a simple solution for inspiring streaming and home theater audio.
Roku Wireless Bass features include:
- Feel it with full sound: Enhance your entertainment with rumbling bass. Movies and TV come alive with deep, dynamic bass for a cinema-like experience in your own home.
- Elevate your music: Rich depth adds a new dimension to your favorite playlist. Turn up the volume and enjoy music you can feel.
- Easy Wireless Setup: No more running cables through your living room. Just plug it into the mains and pair it wirelessly to your Roku audio device.
- Place it anywhere: Next to your TV. Next to your sofa. Under the coffee table. Roku Wireless Bass is the perfect companion to your Roku Streambar, Roku Wireless Speakers, or Roku TV Wireless Soundbar and can be placed anywhere up to 30 feet from your TV.
Roku also announced new platform features, including an OS 11.5 update that puts ease of use and content discovery at the forefront of the streaming experience. New software features include Backup List and Continuing platform-wide monitoring, available in the What to Watch section; improved search results with the introduction of visual search results, optimizing the way users view content; improved Roku voice search that helps streamers spend less time searching for what they want to watch; and Bluetooth® Private listening that pairs your Bluetooth headphones directly with our new Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar and Roku Streambar Pro.
The Roku Express will be available for presale starting today on Roku.com, Walmart.com, and Amazon.com for $29.99 MSRP and is expected to ship in mid-October. General availability on Roku.com and major US retailers begins October 16.
The Roku Wireless Bass is available for pre-order on Roku.com and Amazon.com, with general availability on Roku.com, BestBuy.com and Amazon.com starting November 7 for $129.99 MSRP.
The Roku Streambar & Wireless Bass Bundle is available for pre-order on Roku.com, with general availability on Roku.com and BestBuy.com starting November 7 for $249.99 MSRP.
ADDING VALUE THROUGH CONTENT OFFERINGS
Qualify to get 30 days of Discovery+ with the purchase of a new Roku streaming device from August 25 through January 6, 2023. (New subscribers only. Redeem by 1/31/23.) Full subscription renewals rate until cancelled.
For more information, please visit Roku.com.
About Roku, Inc.
Roku pioneered TV streaming. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and TV-related audio devices are available in the United States and select countries through direct retail sales and licensing agreements with service operators. Roku TV™ models are available in the United States and select countries through licensing agreements with TV brands. Roku is headquartered in San Jose, California, USA.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements that are based on our beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to us as of the date of this press release. Forward-looking statements may involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These statements include, but are not limited to, those related to the availability, features, functionality and attributes of Roku Ultra and Roku Voice Remote Pro; the rollout schedule, benefits, features, functionality, impact, and content made available by Roku OS 11, and the features, benefits, and scope of the Roku Platform. Except as required by law, we undertake no obligation to update these forward-looking statements publicly, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future. Important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially are detailed from time to time in reports Roku, Inc. files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended 31 December 2021 and our quarterly report. on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2022. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on Roku’s website and are available free of charge from Roku.
Roku, Roku TV and Streambar are trademarks or registered trademarks of Roku, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Trade names, trademarks and service marks of other companies appearing in this press release are the property of their respective owners.